Senden Sie uns Ihre Produktanfrage und wir melden uns bei Ihnen schnellstmöglich.
The family-owned company MSB Schmittwerke was founded in the year 1900 as a workshop for agricultural machinery by Jakob Schmitt in Bischofsheim/Rhön. Three generations have developed it to become an internationally active machine building company with 160 employees at 2 locations.
MSB (Mechanical Engineering Schmitt Bischofsheim) manufactures special machines as well as workpiece and tool handling systems. In the manufacturing plant, machine components are produced for their own needs and in and on customer order.
The IBS Division (Industrial Machinery Mining Service) has been supplying roadheaders for mining and tunneling since 1994.
Schmitt's specialty is heavy metal: Our machinery handles components up to 14 m in length and 30 tones of weight.
Mining and Tunneling
Electrical and Controls
You want to know immediately what we offer you at Schmittwerken? It’s as easy as this: click on the "Product Inquiry" button below and submit your data. We will respond immediately!
With our competencies in engineering, machine parts production and assembly, MSB Special Machines have gained an excellent reputation with a highly demanding clientele for exceptional solutions.
- Machine Tool Peripherals
- Controlled machine tables for various branches of industry
- Automation systems for warehouse, tyre and automotive supply industry
- Lime combustion Technology (joint venture)
- Clamping equipment in the machine tool industry
- Equipment for nuclear technology
- Other equipment for various branches of industry
- Test benches
- Measuring cells
With the same meticulousness and precision as the parts for our own products, we manufacture in machine and tooling components and assemblies on customer order with a weight of up to 30 tons.
We are particularly able to develop our expertise in complex welding constructions in conjunjtion with precise machining, for example for machine frames and tables. Our renowned clientele is recruited from all over the German-speaking area.
- Welding equipment and transport systems for the automotive industry
- Reactor and transport equipment for reactor fuel elements
- Foil Coating Systems
- Circular switching systems
- Aluminum injection molding and continuous casting plant construction
- Centrifuge and press for the ball bearing industry
- Assembly equipment, fixtures and heating presses for the tyre industry
We supply finishing including surface treatment, e.g. hard chromium plating, phosphate, brown and hard coating (in cooperation with partner companies).
- Quality Management System ISO 9001 : 2015, Reg.-Nr. QM 00732
- Certified Welding construction according to DIN EN ISO 3834-2, Zert.-Nr. TÜV SÜD-W-0606.2017.003 and
DIN EN 1090-2, EXC2, certificate-Nr. TÜV SÜD-00610.2017.003
- Color Penetration Test level 2 ( PT ) DIN EN ISO 9712; Zert.-Nr. 39221 - PT 2
- Magnetic Powder Testing Level 2 ( MT ) DIN EN ISO 9712; Zert.-Nr. 39221 - MT 2
- Visual Inspection Level 2 ( VT ) DIN EN ISO 9712
- Restamping certificate 3.1 according to AD 2000 data sheet HP0
Since 1971, we have been offering equipment for mining and tunnelling as well as conveyor technology, since 1994 under the name of IBS Industrial Machinery Mining Service.
- Roadheaders in the weight category of 30-50 tones
- Explosion-proof control technology
- Remote-controlled profile control (camera and sensor positioning of the machine) in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Propulsion systems for the entire expansion
- Overhauling of machines and system components
- Preparing and updating used machines
- Spare parts, components and repairs
- World-wide customer service
Our efficient Control Technology division develops customized systems in order to precisely match the use of the machine to the conditions at the mining site.
The different requirements in the fields of special machines androadhear´ders for mining an tunneling are perfectly covered by our innovative electrical and control department. Our products are constantly being developed with the latest technical standards and with a focus on performance, availability and operating comfort.
Groundbreaking innovations enabled the production of a controls system for the reliable remote operation of the roadheader in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The iRoadheader system is unique in the market and has proven itself since its first introduction in the year 2015 in the harsh working conditions of coal mining.
Our management system is continuously certified by the DMSZ according to ISO 9001:2015. The corresponding stipulations and processes are continuously reviewed by internal audits and deepened through training if necessary. The audits carried out by the certification body and customer audits are therefore regularly fulfilled with very good success.
In addition, our welding works according to the specification of ISO 1090-1/-2 and ISO 3834-2.
Our current certificates are available for downloadable. Please click on the corresponding image to open the file in PDF format.
Are you looking for detailed information which you can save or print locally? No problem, we have compiled a series of documents in PDF format. Click on the image to view and download the respective file on the screen.
Special Purpose Machinery Manufacture
Electrical and Control Technology
Service and Refurbishment
iRoadheader Remote Control System